Order the book now on Amazon.co.uk (shipping possible to all over Europe and most of the World)
Click on Amazon's logo to buy the book
WHY THIS GUIDE?
First, our passion for this archipelago, an inexhaustible reservoir of fantastic walks. And then, our experience in guiding groups of hikers over the past ten years. Finally, above all, we realized that up to now the available cartography has been limited to a collection of acceptable maps— but not quite acceptable for hiking. The trail indications are often meager and sometimes incorrect.
We wanted to remedy this fl agrant lack of reliable information as
completely as possible..
OUTLINE OF THE TOPO-GUIDE
Hiking the Lofoten Islands is both an invitation to discover this bit of Arctic paradise and a practical guidebook that answers two questions, essential for any hiker:
• Where should I hike on each of the islands, given the time I have, theweather, and my physical condition?
• What itineraries should I follow?
This guidebook is divided into three parts
- Part One is an introduction to the islands. You’ll fi nd general information on their geography, climate, geology, animal and plant life as well as advice on how to prepare for your hikes.
- Part Two is composed of 60 hiking topo-pages that include all the information you need—descriptions, maps and photos—to discover and appreciate the trails in the best possible way.
- Part Three describes a trek across the archipelago in 11 days. In addition to a detailed itinerary, it has all the tips you’ll need on food supplies and preparation for the hike and your bivouacs.
Number of pages 224
Format 14,3 x 22,6 cm
Weight about 400g (1 lb.)
Price 28€ tax included
You pay for shipping (the guide is sent from the Netherlands). All our deliveries are tracked: we’ll send you the tracking number of your package as soon as the last one is sent.
Shipping prices to Europe (Zone 1):
Other countries or regions than EU - ask us
For all orders, please send an e-mail to:
Method of payment:When we’ve received your order, we’ll send you an e-mail with a link to your bill. It should be paid through PayPal (either with a PayPal account or with a credit card).
Once the payment is received, we send the order within 2 business days.